Sunday, November 18, 2007

Do your share

Since late last year, I have been consciously asking for less plastic whenever I buy things in malls, groceries, that convenience store in the corner, practically anywhere! I get this questioning look whenever I decline a plastic bag offered me. So I simply say, "Sayang po kasi yung plastic bag." Then I immediately ask for a receipt just in case. Funny how a lot of us simply don't understand the harm plastic does to Mother Nature. And how much these stores could save from the costs of purchasing plastic bags for their merchandise. Oh well, that all together is a different story.

Then came a string of endless campaigns and merchandise that promote reusable bags. Bazura bags (made from doy packs) is one example. They started really small. Now they have ventured to making not only bags but aprons, slippers, and accessories too! The organization is now making waves in Euopre & Australia. Wow! Now aren't you proud to be Pinoy?

If I remember correctly, SM Supermarket together with Unilever Philippines was one of the big companies who started this reusable bags campaign on a large-scale basis. The initial response was lukewarm but as other bigwigs like Rustan's, The Body Shop,Healthy Options ,etc.followed suit, people started to notice.


If you want to do your part, buy reusable bags. Locally, we have different organizations who produce reusable bags. Choose an organization you wish to support, and help save our lovely Earth!


pictures courtesy of bazurashop, notplasticproject,bodyshop,SM, luntian

1 comment:

Arun Jadon said...

hi.! i really like the content of your website. and it helped me to the related subject. please do check our blog post too.Beauty Blog